Assessments and Results of Applications
A variety of assessment processes are used across the school according to the Section and year group applied to. These may include:
- language assessments,
- cognitive ability tests,
- subject assessments (at secondary and high school levels),
- Special Education Needs (SEN) assessments,
- an interview or a class tryout.
- Infant-aged children are assessed in the classroom during a class tryout session.
*IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that all British Secondary and High School August 2021 applicants are required to complete APTIS which is a standardised English proficiency test. For all applicants who are currently in Taiwan, please contact the British Council Taiwan to register for the test. An online APTIS registration guide can be viewed here. In order to be considered for the August 2021 entry, the test result must be uploaded to your child's OpenApply profile before 26th February 2021.
Results of Applications
Places in school are awarded to applicants based on their performance in assessments or tryouts, as well as other factors that include the strength of school reports, letters of recommendation (only applicable to years 7, 8 and 9 of British Secondary and the High School year groups), passing an interview when required, and the availability of places in the respective year group.
If a place is not immediately available, a successful candidate will be placed on a waiting list for a maximum of 12 months. If a place does not become available within 12 months, the applicant will then be required to take further assessments in order to be considered for the following academic year.
- Where Can I Get the Application Form and Where Should I Send it?
- When Can I Submit My Child’s Application Form? When is the Deadline?
- What is the Next Step? When Can My Child Have an Interview / Assessment Test After I Have Submitted the Application Form?
- Can I Reserve a Place for My Child Before I Submit the Application Form?
- Will my Child Have Another Chance for Interview / Assessment if He/She Fails? How Do I Re-Apply?
- Do You Accept All Nationalities? Are Applications Prioritised?
- Can My Child Skip or Retake a Year / Grade?
- Do you have language support (EAL/FAL/GAL) before enrolment?
- Will My Child Have a Place in School if I Donate Money?
- Do You Provide Boarding?
- Does My Child Need to Wear Uniform?
- Do You Offer any Bus Services?
- Do You Provide School Lunches?